Get a Web Wrapper for free with the purchase of the paper file history.
"Never have I worked with a more professional, customer-service oriented, and well-organized group of people. Landon IP offers an extremely positive environment in which we all can thrive and I’m thrilled to be part of this team ."
Landon IP is a dynamic, growing company and is always in need of qualified, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of Landon IP and what area of the company interests you the most.
We have office locations in Alexandria, VA, USA; Southfield, MI, USA; London, United Kingdom; Frankfurt, Germany; Tokyo, Japan; Shanghai, China; Gurgaon, India; and Seoul, Korea.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
- Strategically perform searches relating to patentability (novelty), validity, freedom-to-operate and infringement
- Communicate effectively with customers in determining the scope of searches and draft informative reports that clarify and summarize search results
- Maintain proficiency with commercial patent databases and other proprietary databases that disclose technical publications.
- Conduct long-term patent landscape studies to identify trends in a technology field, deliver competitive intelligence and identify potential research and licensing opportunities
- Perform Evidence-Of-Use studies by analyzing products currently used in the market that may be infringing on a patent of interest
- Perform qualitative analysis of patents and patent portfolios from a legal, technical and business perspective
- Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred
Bachelors Degree and experience in one of the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering: Semiconductor structure and manufacture, solid state memory, nanotechnology devices and fabrication, electrical circuits and components.
- Cellular, mobile and wireless communications; networking; CDMA, OFDM, digital communications; computer engineering degree preferred; OR
- Video/audio encoding, image compression technologies, signal transmission and processing.
- Medical Devices: Surgery, prosthetics, bio-electrical devices (MRI, ultrasound, etc.).
- Complex thermal-fluid systems, complex thermodynamics and refrigeration systems, complex fluid mechanics, and turbo-machinery; Complex HVAC systems, OR
- Petroleum - drilling and platforms, OR
- Green technologies including windmills, erosion control, rain routing, and waste management systems
- Business Methods: E-Commerce, insurance services, banking/financial products (i.e., such as loans, savings accounts, checking accounts, sweep accounts, certificate of deposit accounts, FDIC regulations, internet banking), credit card/smart card technology, investment products and services (i.e. stocks, bonds, options, derivatives, mutual funds, money market funds)
- Cryptography including encryption, algorithms, hash functions, watermarking; Software including computer programming, compilers, firmware, video games, operating system, servers; Databases/File Management including indexing, memory allocation, file management applications, knowledge based systems, object database (OQL), OR
- Hardware including chips, graphics and media cards, memory (RAM/ROM), drives, I/O devices, buses; Computer Architecture including blocks, registers, flip-flops, MUX, DEMUX, clocks, logic implementation; Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) including graphics, interface design, software/hardware communication
- In-depth knowledge of technical literature in the area of subject matter expertise
- Highly skilled developing a search methodology and in conducting searches
- Strong time management skills and dependable in completing quality projects against deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
How to Apply Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your patent searching experience, areas of technical expertise and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in your email subject line.